A lenient twist on the "item a day" craft challenge

The "item a day" craft challenge has always intrigued me. But it's a huge commitment! Lots of crafters have work, families, and other obligations that may prevent them from crafting every single day. So I decided to see if I could make 7 things a week. Let's see how long I can keep this up.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Week 37: Gifty Goodness

Ahahahah!  CHRISTMAS IS FINALLY OVER!  Not that I don't enjoy the holidays; I've made my peace with them as an adult.  Having a super cool family / friends group helps a lot, and having a two year old (almost!) nephew really brings the holiday spirit home.  But I've been going crazy because I've made a bunch of cool things that I couldn't post for fear of spoiling some of my gift surprises.  So here's what I whipped up in the last seven days for gift giving purposes:

Wire Wrapped Quartz Earrings
Shoulder-duster style long quartz crystal earrings with peridot, amethyst, and citrine accents. 
Wire Wrapped Text Pendant
Altered chandelier crystal pendant.  I faux antiqued some text from a magazine using Distress Inks,  then tore up the page and modpodged it onto the back of the crystal.  A little wire wrapping at the top finished it off nicely.  I like this so much that when time permits (haha) I'm going to make one for myself!
Wire Wrapped Copper and Stone Earrings
Wire wrapped copper earrings.  I don't know what kind of stone  this is, but it's a really pretty blue.  The stones came from the big batch of stuff that Ruby gave me.  It's the gift that keeps on giving! 
Fluorite and Amethyst Herringbone Wire Wrap
Amethyst and fluorite pendant.  I  have a friend that really loves the look of the herringbone style wire wrap, so I decided to see what I could do with a multiple stone style design.  It's big, but it's pretty cool.  I may be the most excited about giving this one away.  : )
Leaf and Vine Wirework Necklace
And for the nature lover, a very minimalist wire wrap leaf design.  No bells or whistles,  just a leaf silhouette with some curly vines.  My husband thought they were strawberries, which I think would go over with the intended recipient just as well as leaves would.
Wire Spiral Earrings
Copper wire spiral earrings.  I'm terrible at making wire wrapped earrings because it's so hard for me to create a duplicate of a design, and these were no exception.  Making matching spirals by hand is really hard!  :)
Multi-stone Wirework Pendant
And finally, the "ripple" style wire wrapped necklace.  It's a super fun way of getting a lot of stones into one wrap, and I expect I'll be messing around with this design more in the future.
Sorry to be short this week but the New Year is calling!  I've got to go out and buy sauerkraut (it's a family tradition to eat a little on New Years Eve for good luck), and get ready for my sister's birthday.  Whoo!  Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment