A lenient twist on the "item a day" craft challenge

The "item a day" craft challenge has always intrigued me. But it's a huge commitment! Lots of crafters have work, families, and other obligations that may prevent them from crafting every single day. So I decided to see if I could make 7 things a week. Let's see how long I can keep this up.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Week 45: Gears Galore

It's steampunk o'clock again!  The more popular the style becomes, the more materials seem to show up at my local craft store.  I have to admit, the lure of antiqued metals and gears is too much for me to resist.  So in another great showing of my favorite crafting style (gluing things to other things), I decided to work with my considerable steampunk components stash this week.
Clock necklace with key and gear
Clock face, key, and gear pendant on leather.  I love these little flat keys from the scrapbooking section at Joanne's!  They look great and are super easy to attach to other components.
Steampunk style clock and cameo necklace
Clock face, gear, and cameo necklace.  I'm really feeling the clock-y goodness this week!

Steampunk style winged key necklace
Altered key with clock face, hex nut, crystal, and weathered art-deco style "wings".
Fancy steampunk style altered key pendant
Another altered key, this time with gears, scroll work, and a neat little mirror!
Gear and cog pendant
Filigree pendant with gears and hex nut.  I created a blue patina on the base for the pendant  by using the ammonia and salt technique.
Altered steampunk style key necklace
Altered key with keyhole, gear, and fan "wings".  The fans came from the clearance isle at Michael's, and I just knew they had to go on a key!
Steampunk style clock and gear necklace on leather
And back to clock faces!  Clock face with gears and washer on antiqued brass base.  The pendant is threaded on leather, and I added a few gears to keep it company.

No comments:

Post a Comment