A lenient twist on the "item a day" craft challenge

The "item a day" craft challenge has always intrigued me. But it's a huge commitment! Lots of crafters have work, families, and other obligations that may prevent them from crafting every single day. So I decided to see if I could make 7 things a week. Let's see how long I can keep this up.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Week 5: Among Nature



The weekly theme continues!  this week I decided to work with materials that were either natural, or reflected nature.  This was a pretty fun theme as I got to play around with different styles and make a variety of object.  I feel like I've been kind of a "one trick a week" poodle-pony up until now.  Now, on to the variety!  See you next week.
Hair clips!  I found these cute burlap leaves and butterflies in the scrapbooking isle and knew I had to find a way to make them live on my head.

Necklace with bone and ceramic beads on cotton cording...
...and its friend: a necklace with wood and ceramic beads on cotton.  I'm counting this and its predecessor as one item.
Leaf earrings!  I love these little burlap leaves. I also added some wire "vines".  You can't see them too well on the beige pair, but they show on the green pair nicely.

Little silver leaves and fancy jasper makes for cute earrings, I think.
Necklace with copper and glass leaves with brass acorns.
Black bamboo sticks wire wrapped with copper
Wire wrapped leaf pendant in copper

No comments:

Post a Comment