A lenient twist on the "item a day" craft challenge

The "item a day" craft challenge has always intrigued me. But it's a huge commitment! Lots of crafters have work, families, and other obligations that may prevent them from crafting every single day. So I decided to see if I could make 7 things a week. Let's see how long I can keep this up.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Week 23: Halloween Time!

After a couple of successful weeks staying away from the Halloween crafts I've fallen back into old habits!  That's right; it's Halloween Week, the SEQUEL!  One thing I really like about Halloween-Themed crafting is that it gets me to work on accessory types I usually pass over.  This time it turned out to be hair accessories.  I love putting weird shit in my hair for Halloween.

Halloween Themed Bloody Book Page Hair Bow.

Neon Green Skeleton Hands Headband
I don't know why I keep insisting they're so Halloween-y.  I'm pretty much going to wear them all the time.  Especially to bowling, though don't ask me why.  It just seems right.  BOWLING OF THE UNDEAD!  I also whipped up these little goodies to round out my seven projects for the week:

Cute Bat Earrings Made Out of Buttons

MORE Cute Bat Earrings Made of Buttons (duplicate project, so doesn't count I just thought these were friggin' cute)

Franken-Heart Earrings.  I hand painted on the stitches myself.  : )

Black Widow Earrings.  One is going up, the other is going down.  Spiders everywhere!

Vampire Bite Choker.  Inspired by Lucy from the 1992 Dracula movie with Gary Oldman... I am from the 90s and my vampires DO NOT sparkle thankyouverymuch.
Shattered Soul in a Bottle Necklace
Back of the Shattered Soul in a Bottle Necklace.  I used broken windshield glass from my apartment complex parking lot.  Looks like there are some dark spots; somebody's soul needed to be laundered!
That's all the Halloween Crafting goodness I have planned for this week, but I'm sure as October gets closer and closer I'll keep churning out weirder and weirder stuff.  See you next week!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment