A lenient twist on the "item a day" craft challenge

The "item a day" craft challenge has always intrigued me. But it's a huge commitment! Lots of crafters have work, families, and other obligations that may prevent them from crafting every single day. So I decided to see if I could make 7 things a week. Let's see how long I can keep this up.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week 24: Rainbow Chainmaille Week

I'm addicted to chainmaille, it's no lie.  In fact, a good half of the folks I follow on Pinterest are chainmail artisans or collectors of cool chainmaille designs.  I haven't worked with maille in awhile, but when I went to Michael's they had a bunch of really cool (and TINY) multicolored jump rings on clearance that were just begging to be made into some colorful chainmaille designs.  Normally my chainmaille is pretty sedate; I work mostly in silver and copper, sometimes black and gunmetal.  This was a nice change of pace, even if I did have to spend a bunch of time sorting tiny jump rings by color.  : )

Fun chainmaille pendant using a Japanese style weave.

This bit of Chainmaille looks like bubbles to me!  I know it's not rainbow colors, but the rings I picked up had a lot of gold rings interspersed with the multi-colored rings, so I thought it best to make use of them.

Rainbow Chainmaille Wave Necklace.

Beaded Chainmaille Earrings.  I finally figured out how to jazz up plain silver rings.  Yay!

Rainbow chainmaille drop earrings.  These were supposed to be based on the byzantine weave and turned out to be some unholy combo of Euro (the knots) and Japanese (the 2 in 2 connectors) but I like them anyway.

Celtic Flowers Chainmaille Bracelet

Crazy Rainbow Chainmaille Bracelet.  This one took the most time, but was also the most worth it.; it is definitely my favorite for this week.
The good news about this week is that I managed to use up almost all of my rainbow colored rings.  The bad news about this week is that I managed to use up almost all of my rainbow colored rings.  Now I won't be tempted to make more, but if I do think of a really cool design I'll have to *gasp* buy more rings.  OH NO! : )  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment