A lenient twist on the "item a day" craft challenge

The "item a day" craft challenge has always intrigued me. But it's a huge commitment! Lots of crafters have work, families, and other obligations that may prevent them from crafting every single day. So I decided to see if I could make 7 things a week. Let's see how long I can keep this up.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week 25: Bottle Week 2

As the year goes on I am becoming less and less successful in not repeating themes.  I've made my peace  with repeating themes, as long as I try to keep the actual projects fresh.  This is my second round of putting things in bottles, which it turns out I LOVE doing.  I would never have guessed that I'd be so in love with making these little bottle charms for necklaces and earrings.  I'm betting that this bug is not quite out of my system yet, so look for another bottle week coming up in the future.

Dried herb glass bottle necklace.  It was pretty fun trying to fit the bundle through the tiny neck of the bottle.  : )

Tiny, colorful beads in a glass bottle necklace.  I'm particularly fond of this one as it makes me think of both the 80s and  my grandma's button box.

Green and black tourmaline crystals in a glass bottle.  For some reason it makes me think of Kryptonite.  

Evil Eye glass bottle necklace.  What's better protection that one evil eye charm?  A bottle full of them!  : )

Full peacock feather in a glass bottle.  This glass bottle necklace is probably the most simple of the week, and it still took me forever to trim the feather so it would sit in the bottle "just so". 

Finally, the true "innovation" of this week, the lock and key glass bottle necklace.  While  putting the eye screw in the top of the cork, I realized that I could do the same to the bottom of the cork and hang something inside the bottle itself.  And goodness knows I love locks and keys.  : )
I don't know that this bottle bug is out of my system yet, so I'm sure there will be at least one more week of bottle necklaces before this year is over.  What's the fourth installment of a movie franchise? Space, right?  Bottle week in space!  Coming soon to a 52/7 blog near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment