A lenient twist on the "item a day" craft challenge

The "item a day" craft challenge has always intrigued me. But it's a huge commitment! Lots of crafters have work, families, and other obligations that may prevent them from crafting every single day. So I decided to see if I could make 7 things a week. Let's see how long I can keep this up.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Week 7: Back on the Chain Gang

I have a love for chainmail that far outstrips my ability to create chainmail.  I tried a variety of different weaves when I was first learning, and pretty much had settled on Japanese weaves as what I could comfortably do.  I have a couple of chainmail books sitting on my shelves that detail more European weaves, so I decided to pull them out and see what I could do.
Tiered "Infinity" Links
"Shaggy Loops" earrings
Helm chain bracelet
"Romanov" Byzantine links with rose and crackle quartz
European 4 in 1 thin bracelet
Queens chain necklace in copper and silver
Byzantine rectangle links in copper
So yay!  thanks to my new project I can do some very basic European Chainmail weaves.  I made all these with jump rings purchased from Michael's; I really suck at Aspect Ratio calculation (because I'm lazy) and their consistent ring size really helps me avoid having to re-measure new batches.  I always wander back to chainmail so I'm sure I'll have mroe weaves to post in the future.  Right now I have my eye on Persian weaves and Dragonscale, so we'll see.  : )  Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment