A lenient twist on the "item a day" craft challenge

The "item a day" craft challenge has always intrigued me. But it's a huge commitment! Lots of crafters have work, families, and other obligations that may prevent them from crafting every single day. So I decided to see if I could make 7 things a week. Let's see how long I can keep this up.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Week 9: Message in a Bottle

I picked up selection of bottles from Michael's while working on a project to help one of the hubby's co-workers replace a necklace she had broken.  I've been trying to think about what to do with the remaining bottles for awhile, and there were definitely enough bottles to make for a whole week's worth of projects.  This is what I came up with.  See you next week!
Nonpareil filled with ribbons.  I love how they look like mini gumballs! 
I colored the inside of these bottles with alcohol inks.  I'm a sucker for colored glass, so I expect to have a pair of these in just about every shade I can make.
Pebble filled bottle on a charm necklace.  Finding pebbles to fit in the tiny bottle was a pain, but so worth it.
Mica filled.  So shiny!
Filled with peacock feather plumes.
Moss filled bottle pendant.  I really liked how this one turned out so....
... I made it a pair of matching earrings.
And another pebble filled bottle, but I thought I could count this as a separate project as the necklaces are so different.  Once I did the first I couldn't help but think that a "paper, rock, scissors" theme would be cute, so this was my take.

No comments:

Post a Comment