A lenient twist on the "item a day" craft challenge

The "item a day" craft challenge has always intrigued me. But it's a huge commitment! Lots of crafters have work, families, and other obligations that may prevent them from crafting every single day. So I decided to see if I could make 7 things a week. Let's see how long I can keep this up.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week 16: Memory Wires

This week's blog is sadder than most.  This past Thursday (the 26th) my family and I lost our good friend, Stephen Tong.  Stephen was an amazing person and a hugely creative soul.  One of the things I enjoyed most about him was his passion for semiprecious stones and wire wrapping.  His wire-wrapping technique was out of this world.  In order to cope with my grief (keeping busy always helps with that), and to honor Stephen's memory I decided to do all new wire wrapping projects for this week.  I didn't try to replicate Stephen's style (I need a few more years of practice before I can hit that level of skill), but I did enjoy taking on projects that I normally would have been too hesitant to try.  Thanks for inspiring and continuing to inspire me, Stephen.  We will miss you so much.

Wire wrapped brass earrings with glass stones.
Copper wire shape with matte polished crackle quartz accents.
Black Onyx beads in a brass frame with chain.
Silver "heart" flower with fancy jasper central stone.
Wire woven leaf with wire wrapped & seed bead bail on leather.
Shell set in spiral wire bezel.
Amethyst teardrop in silver wire frame with spiral accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment