A lenient twist on the "item a day" craft challenge

The "item a day" craft challenge has always intrigued me. But it's a huge commitment! Lots of crafters have work, families, and other obligations that may prevent them from crafting every single day. So I decided to see if I could make 7 things a week. Let's see how long I can keep this up.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Week 19: Skull Invasion!

I thought I was going to be able to resist the lure of Halloween crafting until at least September, but I am weak!  All the stores have their Halloween merchandise out, just waiting to be picked up and altered.  Let alone the Halloween goodies I have in my own stash!  It's my favorite of the major holidays; I bet you'd have never guessed.  : )  That said, I'm trying to keep to a theme within a theme; all my crafts this week include skulls!

A choker made with various skull charms and some other Halloween bits I had around.

Skeleton Key Medallion Necklace.  The medallion is made from mostly scrap-booking supplies; a dimensional sticker key and some paper flowers.

Peter Pan-style collar necklace with skull.  The skull pendant piece is made from a washer and a button.  I added rhinestones and some dimensional glaze to the eyes.

Poison Skull Crystal Necklace.  Made from a flat backed crystal.  I adhered the image to the crystal and then painted the back of the pendant with glitter nail polish.
Skull and Spine Earrings with Glass "Blood" Drops.  I filled in the eyes on these bad boys with red glitter puffy fabric paint.  Fun!
My favorite of the batch.  A sugar skull bracelet for Dia de los Muertos!  I had painted all the little skulls myself. 
Skull and spike earrings.  I hand painted the skulls and added pearlescent puffy paint to the eye sockets.
A lot of the skull bits I already had on hand, but I did end up buying and customizing a $1.99 bag of tiny plastic skulls for the sugar skull bracelet and skulls with spike earrings.  A little nail polish will go a long way! I still have a bunch more of the little plastic skull beads so plan to see some more of those in the future.   Here's till next time!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment