A lenient twist on the "item a day" craft challenge

The "item a day" craft challenge has always intrigued me. But it's a huge commitment! Lots of crafters have work, families, and other obligations that may prevent them from crafting every single day. So I decided to see if I could make 7 things a week. Let's see how long I can keep this up.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Week 42: Chip Off the Ol' Block

It's no lie, I have a king's ransom in stone chips I've collected over the years.  A small country's king for sure, but a king nonetheless.  I don't really use them so much as I collect them, and I decided that it was time to put the collection to good use and actually make something.  Thus, here are seven stone chip jewelry designs!

Stone chip and leather necklace
Sodalite and quartz crystal necklace on leather.  I'm glad I finally found a use for those giant bead cones!
Stone chip and wire cage pendant
Wire cage (with ammonia and salt patina) filled with raw aquamarine chips.
Russian Amazonite and Amber Earrings
Russian Amazonite and Amber wire wrapped square earrings
Stone Chip on Leather Earings
Tiger eye on turquoise leather teardrop earrings
Garnet, Citrine, Peridot & Amethyst bracelet
Amethyst, peridot, citrine, and garnet chip bracelet.  Hurray for memory wire!
Rainbow Stone Chip Earrings
Chakra chip earrings.  Garnet, carnelian, citrine, moss agate, sodalite, amethyst and quartz crystal.
Two strand amber and rainbow obsidian chip necklace.
 This didn't even begin to put a dent in my stash, but at least it's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment